Producer Organisations - abbreviated POs - are mergers of farmers for fruit and vegetables that have amongst others the following aims:
- to concentrate supply in order to strengthen the position of fruit and vegetable producers in the agri-food chain;
- to improve the competitiveness of production and marketing on the domestic and world market, by both controlling production costs and focusing more on the market;
The foundation of Producer Organisations and the application for the receipt of subsidies in line with the Common Market Organisation (CMO) for these Organisations are complex activities that are sophisticated and need extensive know-how.
- successful foundation and recognitiion of Producer Organisations for fruit and vegetables.
- creation of Operational Programmes as well as of further grant applications (adaption of POs, Annual reports, etc.) and the receipt of subsidies going along with that.
- solution-oriented approach and strategy aiming at the ideal solution of potential problems and challenges in line with the application for subsidies.
- purposeful communication with the responsible payment agencies.
Qualification and references
- we are competent consultants with long-term experience concerning the CMO.
- we founded and have been consulting all producer organisations in Austria (11).
- we founded POs in Germany and have been consulting a lot of them (15) in line with the CMO.
- in Portugal, Sweden, Ireland and the Czech Republic etc. we supported POs in connection with diverse projects.
- gfa-consulting gmbh is the organiser of ICOP - the International Conference of Producer Organisations for fruit and vegetables that takes place in 2014 for the 9th time.
- gfa-consulting gmbh is in charge of the management of amcAUSTRIA, the representative organisation of the Austrian Producer Organisations for fruit and vegetables.
- concentration of the supply of POs. As a result the position of the agrarian producers on the market should be improved.
- Access to subsidies and linked with that the improvement of the economic possibilities.